Thursday, September 04, 2008

Obama supporters ready to support folks put out by Gustav! No matter how long it takes, they are in it for the long haul.

Today’s comments I did not schedule on the books, meaning that because it Labor Day I should be relaxing somewhere instead of writing this. However, we the current state of affairs in the Gulf coast I wish I had a way of going to the coast myself and bringing the three things I have an abundance of; Hope, Help, and Humor. In the coming days it will be increasingly important for all of us Americans to focus our help and energy to the folks in these devastated areas of the country. When I say ALL of our focus I mean ALL, any resources we have should go to show these folks that our country, no matter what shape it may be on the outside, inside we have a heart of Red, White and blue. I know when the Republicans see my comments for today they will be upset. I normally would not miss a chance to take a couple of stabs at the political, especially after Friday’s announcement. But what is good for the goose (Politicians) is good for the gander (ME). So I must focus as well all my energy into convincing Mother Nature to just scold the Gulf coast and not really punish um. They have enough and the Republicans well they will just have to sit back and wait for the storm to clear. Make my words, if they can blame the storm on the Democrats they will.
Recently I was in New Orleans, 2 weeks ago. I was doing a show there and while I was there I decided to shoot one of my PBS TV segments about Katrina. Now with Gustav (Katrina 2c the sequel) pounding at their door again I leave with my comments I read the day I was leaving the 9th Ward. Be safe folks and if you want to help in anyway, I bring your attention to what Mr. Obama said. He stated that any of his supporters would be willing, once all has cleared, to help in anyway they can. Funny thing is he must be physic as well as a good leader. The minute this all happened, that was the first thing I was thinking, Obama supporters love to support. If you are a Mc Cain supporter, you will have to wait until Mc Cain tells you what your next step is.

Good Luck to all of you in Texas, and the gulf coast cities.

Aug 14, 2008:
New Orleans:
I can’t image what New Orleans looked like right after Katrina hit. I know the news showed us over and over the devastation of what Mother Nature could do. But being here or any disaster area is a whole lot different than seeing it second hand. What I think blows me away the most is that there are still areas that folks are, to this date, living in. not in a RV parked next to, but living in. The conditions are well, unlivable.

I did however notice that the areas that are most improved are the areas with more money, you know better real estate value. Not the poor areas. Which seems backwards, doesn’t it. Should we not help the folks that cant afford to help themselves FIRST then get to the folks who have a little more money. Maybe it is because the people with more money have a bigger voice or maybe it is because the poor aren’t crying loud enough. I remember writing a story right after Katrina about how Bush senior and Bill Clinton did a fundraiser to fix up the supper dome. Millions of dollars were raiser in the snap of a football. Don’t get me wrong reconstruction is happening. But not at the speed it should be. Our people should always be first … and our sports acts come after we meet our needs. , Leisure should always be somewhere down at the bottom, not the reverse. After what I saw in New Orleans, the act our government is pulling is a criminal one.

Will Roberts
"The Good Will Tour"
www.WillRogersUSA.com
1-866-381-Will (9455)
Direct# 310-228-7105
Fax# 800-844-4259

"All I Know Is What Little I Read On The Internet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment