Thursday, September 25, 2008

Humorist Will Roberts " I am in my BLUE period "

Will Roberts - Phoenix TO California.

Well I am back from Japan, Sept 18th was by far my longest day in
history. I left Tokyo at 6pm and got back to Phoenix, AZ at 9:30 pm.
Don't bother doing the math, it is around 42 hours total. The only
other people that have had a day that long might have been the folks
on Wall Street recently. I was following the steps of Wall Street USA
and Asia. Manly on the count of the fact that I was there and if we
needed someone to stand up for us Americans I would be there. I have a
feeling that all the bad happening to our country may only be the
beginning. It may not be as bad as the great depression but it sure is
depressing. The past year this cowboy humorist has been worried that
folks would not see the humor in my comments. So I have decided that
until things lighten up, I am in my BLUE period.

The President had some words for us today, but I don't think you can
call what Bush did in the last few days was a pep talk. More like a
game of peek a boo, only Americans are not laughing.  If you have ever
had a typing class you must be familiar with that exercise where you
type out that paragraph about the duty of an American.  "Now is the
time for all good men to come to the aid of their country . . .  Mr
Bush, where is that speech? We would even take it in written form, in
an email, something. Times like this in our country deserve a
Roosevelt speech. Not a side thought, we need a friend right now.  We
realize that you might have some hard times and folks don't think you
have done your job right. But here is a perfect time for you to come
out and offer help and assistants to all us Americans.  My mother
always told me " If you make a mistake, work real hard the next time
to make folks forget about the last one you made." Mr. President,  I
know your hands are probably tied, . . . by your own party.  I bet
after all it is an election year and the Republicans platform this
time around is " Get into the open and stay out of the Bush's." I
would have said HOG tied , but Republicans are staying away from Hogs
and pigs these days.

Republicans BEWARE , if you don't let this Republican President have a
little elbow room to move around with,  you might be boxing your party
into a corner.  Lately your party has been stuck on this piggy
reference, so I will lay it out that way:

One little piggy went to the market and came back with less cause his
dollar shrunk. The other piggy came back to his home it was gone
because it was foreclosed.  The other little Piggy's, well they went
to a costume party, a Republican costume party and they all dressed so
they did not look like a Republican piggy.  But it did not work
because all the other animals knew no matter what the piggy's did they
were still little Piggy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment