Tuesday, April 03, 2012

On the Horizon: Prison Reform

Growing up I remember seeing the Department of Corrections workers on the side of the road, picking up trash and pulling weeds. I always wondered what they did to get where they were. As I grew older, I found out they likely were involved in drugs and alcohol or minor assault cases. Time passed and I saw the number of inmates increase each time I encountered them, and I heard local politicians complain about prisons being overcrowded.

In this week’s video blog, we continue our look at prison reform in Oklahoma. Our Rob McClendon sat down Speaker of the House, Kris Steele, to look at an issue he takes very personally. 

Andy Barth

1 comment:

  1. Your locking up nonviolent drug offenders and giving murderers, rapists, and molesters out earlier...DUH! You guys are fools! 10 years for pot! Thanks guys for being so dumb!

    ReplyDelete