Thursday, December 07, 2006

Whew! Made it past Thanksgiving without stretching my waistline but I still have Christmas to go. It's been hard with the weather turning cold to stay away from sweets and carbs. I'm finding new ways to make my favorite desserts sugar-free and so far, I've succeeded. Splenda is a wonderful product. It's acutally made from sugar so to substitute it for sugar you just use the same amount that you would sugar. Now that's easy.

I think if more people ate like they were diabetic, we would have a lot less diabetics (at least those who eat themselves there). It's really not a bad way to eat. My only problem is I'm finicky when it comes to food. I don't like a lot of fruits and vegetables so I find myself eating the same stuff over and over and sometimes that gets a little blah! I know, I know, try new foods and I have a little but it's a slow process.

Be careful over the next several weeks, watch what you eat, exercise more, and try to kick those nasty habits before New Years. That way you can set youself an easier resolution.
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment